Wednesday, August 6, 2014

From soul to cell – and back again

Via AngelicView, 4 August 2014


AngelicView: I love to see Science and Spirituality come together!

Joyce Hawkes PhD was a well published cell biologist. After her near death experience, she became a spiritual healer.

Here is her NDE story and also her TEDx Talk Video, below that.

While cleaning house, a leaded glass window encased in an oak frame (24X18″ and about 20 lbs) fell off the mantel an whacked me on the head. I remember catching a glimpse of it coming toward me and the impact as it drove me to my knees. The first moment was of incredible pain and then no pain as I separated from my body.

   Now, I was a Ph.D. research biophysics and electron microscopy; fully immersed in science and research on the ultra-structure of cell pathology in organisms exposed to environmental pollutants. I had no spiritual beliefs, no belief in an afterlife, God or any religion. I had never heard of near death experiences nor had any interest in what I would have called fantasy.

     I was not thinking about any of this as I whizzed down a long dark tunnel toward a light that was drawing me to itself. I was not thinking about anything at all, nor was I afraid. I was just there with all this happening so fast.

    I remember slowing down, without my choice, at the entrance to the lighted place and amazed to discover my mother and grandmother standing to the right and greeting me with so much love. They communicated to me in some way, certainly without words or hearing, but clearly inside my mind. I was astonished to see them healthy and middle aged, happy and so full of love and recognition for me. I would take any blow on the head to have had the assurance of their consciousness. What a gift.

   I then passed into the place of light: rolling hills, grass, flowers, blue skies and  vibrant with color. What amazed me was the intensity, brilliance, and clarity of the color and that it seemed to be emitted from within each aspect of the landscape. The grass glowed green. It was so beautiful. It was so very beautiful.

   Suddenly I was in the presence of a Being of Light. I could not see the face, could communicate, but not in words or pictures even; in some connection of oneness. I experience that connection in meditation frequently, but I cannot explain it very precisely. It is beyond words and other kinds of experiences. The emotions are always enhanced. I feel joy so deep that my whole self leaps with gratitude; I feel peace; I feel awe and belonging. I did not have a specific life review, but felt everything about me and my life was known, understood and not judged. I was profoundly loved.

   It seemed that I was there forever in the Presence.

   Without discussion or warning, I was suddenly back in my body with a very sore head. A mat of dried blood was all over my hair and I was really woozy. My physician’s service asked if I had lost consciousness and I said no. How dumb! So I went to bed propped up on pillows because it hurt too much to lay prone. This was Friday night.

   My Monday when I returned to the lab and work, a colleague took one look at me and hustled me off to his doctor. I had not been in Seattle all that long, as only had an ob/gyn, not a family physician. After a CT scan, neurological testing (I had no toe curl response on one side, was very wobbly) I was sent to bed and asked to not work for several weeks. The hematoma on my brain was small enough to not require surgery, the gash on my skull was sealed by now. As the doc said: “We would have stitched that for you, had you come in earlier.”

   So I had the first time in my life of being by myself without some external busy-ness.  The images and feelings of the NDE kept coming back to me.

   As I recovered and was up and about, I wandered into Elliott Bay Book Store. Ray Moody’s first book about near death experiences “Life After Life” seemed to hop off the shelf into my hands. I read much of the book, maybe even all of it, standing there, astonished. He described case after case of similar experiences. I could not discount what happened to me, the visions I saw. Then I was launched on an exploration of consciousness and expanded reality that continues to this day.

    After years of meditation, learning, meeting teachers and people who had similar experiences, I had a vision that called me to healing. In 1984 I turned the lab over to one of my assistants and left to pursue a life of counseling, studying spiritual traditions in shamanic cultures, and facilitating spiritual aspects of healing. Now I continue private sessions, teach, present seminars, and have published my first book to make the information I gained available to anyone. You can find her website here and her book here.

Biophysicist Discovers New Life After Death – Joyce Hawkes TEDx


4 comments:

jopipe said...

test

Laron said...

Looks like you got it working!

jopipe said...

Yes...it works kinda funny sometimes thanks Laron...
jopipe

Laron said...

I think that you just have to make sure you are logged in and that sometimes you may be logged out. So when you come and post a comment, it may not actually show if you are logged in or not (to wordpress) and then the comment may get lost if that is the case. One day I will move away from blogger and fix this!