Friday, June 13, 2014

“Being dead was by far the most enjoyable experience I've ever had”

Via AngelicView, 11 June 2014


This is a very good example of a “veridical” NDE.

1. Truthful; veracious: veridical testimony.
2. Coinciding with future events or apparently unknowable present realities: a veridical hallucination.

In this context it is the second definition that fits. Veridical NDE’s are ones when the experiencer is able to see or know things that happened while they were “dead”, and these things are able to be verified later. This is only one example, as there are many many veridical NDE’s out there.

Glen was going in to surgery when suddenly he had an anaphylactic allergic reaction.

Thanks so much to Glen for sharing your experience.

§

"I was told by the doctor directly in front of me that I was in anaphylactic shock and that one of my lungs had already collapsed and that they were going to insert a chest tube to try to prevent the other from going down.

The doctor was literally screaming at me to “Breathe! Breathe, God dammit!”

I tried to take a breath, realizing instantly there was no air in my lungs.

It was this point I instantly realized I was dying and that I’d essentially taken my last breath. Suddenly, I was consumed in a state of extreme peacefulness, and a calmness and serenity that made me feel safer than I’d ever felt in my life.

I remember recognizing the beginning of a life-review, but I only vaguely recall any of its details.

The next thing I remember is standing above the room, almost as if I was viewing the medical teams work on my lifeless body from the upper-left hand corner of the back of the room.

I could see the flatline on the heart monitor, similar to what I have seen in movies, and I could see and hear everything as they prepared a defibrillator to attempt to revive my heart.


Here is the unusual part that I found odd during my NDE. At the time I was 46 years-old and didn’t see all that well without my glasses. But I remember watching as new cardiac nurses entered the room to assist. These are nurses who I’d had no contact with when I entered the room for surgery.

Oddly enough, from my vantage point I could read the names on their badges, Landers and McCarthy, and I had no glasses on.

After approximately four and a half-minutes they were able to get a heartbeat in my body, after which they hooked me up to life support since I was still unconscious.

It was at this point that I realized I was immobile and that I was essentially stuck to something I could not pull away from. I kept trying with everything I had to free myself from this force, but to no avail.

While I was attempting to jar myself loose, I heard the doctors say that I needed to be rushed to ICU.

In somewhat of a panic I watched as they wheeled my body to the door of the room. When the doors to the OR opened it revealed this blinding white light that relayed to me the most peaceful, safe feeling I have ever encountered.

At this point I remember looking to my right and my mother, Phyllis, who died one year prior to this event, to the date, 10/27/2001, was standing there smiling with her left-hand outreached. We acknowledged each other. She smiled, I smiled back, but I was too intent on getting back to the business at hand. I went back to trying to free myself, and when I looked back, my mother was gone.

As I watched my body being rolled, almost as if in slow motion, into the light, I remember giving one last tug with all my might to free myself from whatever it was that I was stuck to in order to follow my body into that beautiful white light. I wanted to go into it very badly.

The last thing I remember is looking down and seeing my right foot finally pull away and kick out, away from whatever it was that was holding me.

The next thing I remember is waking up six days later in ICU. I was told that I’d been in a coma and kept alive of life support for the six days. I was livid.

Still unable to speak from the throat surgery, I was given a frees board on which to write. My first words were, “Please pull the plug. I want to go back.”

The odd thing is that during my subsequent stay in the unit I became chummy with some nurses who I shared my experience with. I told them how I recalled reading the names of the two cardiac nurses who had come in while I was “technically” dead.

The nurses were able to check the duty roster for the day the event happened and sure enough, the two nurses, Landers and McCarthy, were the two who rushed in to assist with my resuscitation.


One of the two actually dropped by to see me at one point, and she assured me that my body was virtually lifeless when she got there, and at no point in time did I ever regain consciousness, which would have been necessary in order for me to be able to read he name on her badge, never mind without my glasses.

~ I wear glasses, and didn’t have them on during the event. Yet I was able to see with pinpoint accuracy things I cannot typically see, even with my glasses.

~ I’ve always had good hearing, but during the event I was able to hear every word that was said in the conversations that were taking place amid the chaos. It was almost like I was standing directly next to anyone who spoke, and yet I estimate that I was standing at least 15-20 ft. from where the action was taking place. And none of the conversations ran together, even though there were several taking place simultaneously.

~ It was the most pleasant and joyous event in my life. I did, however, feel pangs of panic and despair when I realized I might not be able to follow that comforting white light.  It was pure white, and it penetrated every fiber of my being, spreading warmth, comfort, and a feeling a safeness. I felt strangely familiar with it. I felt very much like I was very close to being “home.”

~ I felt like I had been glued standing up to an immovable structure of some kind. My head was free to move up and down a bit, but other than that I felt cemented to some force that I still have no idea what it is/was.

~ I am much different. My life before kept a frantic pace, with a limited tolerance for others and very little compassion for people, certain circumstances notwithstanding. I still keep a busy schedule, but now I take the time to revel in both the ups and downs of life, for now I see that they all have meaning. Exactly what that meaning is, I still don’t know, but I feel that if I take the time to embrace every aspect of life, every emotion I encounter, then maybe that “meaning” will become clearer. I’m a much better “listener” now too than I ever was before.


~ Since I no longer fear death I view every day as a gift that is leading up to that day when I will once again embrace that warmth and comfort of that white light. Being dead was by far the most enjoyable experience I’ve ever had. So, while I don’t preach, I do try to relate to others, in certain circumstances, what they can expect. And I have found that to be comforting to others. I also have a sharpened value system now when it comes to being able to recognize the “good” in everything.

~ I can sense emotions coming off people now almost instantly. Pain, anger, joy, happiness—those were always easy to spot. But now I can sense things like hopelessness, disappointment, confusion, etc. things you can’t typically deduce by the look on someone’s facial expression. It’s hard to explain.

I’ve also become very involved in the spiritual and paranormal worlds, and I’m learning how to have my own OBEs and do remote viewing. I find it fascinating. My goal is to see how close I can come to that feeling I had when I was dead.

~ There’s no question in my mind it was real. The more research I do on the topic, the more I find people with similar stories, too similar for any kind of coincidences.

~ I’ve been able to “lay those bodies down.” All my baggage is gone. My life is now an open book, and the humility that comes with this just makes me appreciate being around other people I wouldn’t have typically been around before. I totally embrace every aspect of life now, something I didn’t do before."

No comments: