Saturday, June 28, 2014

Animals Divine Tarot

I recently got my hands on a Tarot deck named, 'Animals Divine'. As a tarot reader, I have only ever used the one deck, that being the Mythic Tarot deck. Over the years I have always been on the lookout for other decks in shops and I have just never found one that I have resonated with. With this Animals Divine deck, created by Lisa Hunt, I find that the images on the cards are some of the best I have ever seen based upon the quality of the drawings, but also the symbology of what is actually included in each picture.

The Animals Divine Tarot Deck

I am one for tradition, so I don't like to see a source or creation modified too much. For example, as a Reiki Master teacher I made sure originally that I learnt the traditional Mikao Usui method, as traditional as possible, and that is what I teach. 

With tarot, most would agree that one of the original decks in use, which many are based now upon, is the Rider-Waite-Smith deck. 

The Ace of Wands and the Ace of Cups from the Rider-Waite Smith tarot.

With the Animals Divine deck, there is a bit if a difference with the symbology in comparison to traditional tarot, such as the Rider-Waite Smith tarot deck. So at first, this was a bit off putting. But after using the deck I am finding that the meanings are still valid and keep to the original tarot card meanings but with additions to the original which just seems to... work. The actual explanations of the symbology and meanings of each card seem to be very detailed as well, and very useful for performing readings when you are referring directly to the companion book.

Below is a card I chose for a one card reading I did earlier. My focus and intention for this card was for it to represent the situation I am in now, possibly today or this short period of time in these moments, say over the past few days. 

So in other words, this card is representing my current situation and what may have been in my thoughts, possibly thoughts very recently. 


The short meaning for the Mistress of Animals, Knight of Pentacles is: material of earth element, new experiences

This card did seem appropriate for me right now, specifically this quote from the companion book, 'By remaining connected with our innermost wild nature, we, too, can boldly explore new opportunities for growth and personal metamorphosis. But there are times when we need to pause and enjoy some material comforts offerred during moments of respite. It is important not to get too caught up in endless cycles of achievement. We should relax and enjoy our inner ability by engaging in tasks that enable us to indulge in the fruits of our labour.'

If anyone is interested in a one card reading, with the focus of what I just had as mentioned earlier(current situation), feel free to reply and I will do one for you and post the results in the comments. I will limit the number of readings to the first five responses.

20 comments:

Betty Young said...

I am not sure if my message went through, but I would be interested in a card reading Laron, if there is space in the list. Thank you!

Patrick Pham said...

Yes. Please. Dee.

Theresa said...

I, too, would be interested in a card reading if there is still room. Thank you for doing this.

angelicview said...

Ooh! Ooh! Me-Me-Me Do-Me *Hand Raised* :D

angelicview said...

Look at this - everyone else answered in such a calm, adult manner. Now, look, how fun is that? ;) Haha!

Laron said...

Pam has responded via email, so that makes five. I will post the readings later on today or tomorrow morning.

Dainius Str. said...

I am interested too. Please do.

Theresa said...

It took great restraint :-) Public and all. Spoken like a true Scorpio.

Laron said...

Betty, Patrick, Theresa, AV and Pam, I am about to begin the readings and will post the details soon =)

Laron said...

Betty,

Mouse: The 8 of Pentacles

(photo of the card is here)
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-rwepJFGUQ-8/U69CV2YhkcI/AAAAAAAAMuM/y1lgeHgY-bA/s1600/Betty+2.jpg

What this card is showing, is that you are in a situation where it would best suit you if you can become more organised and pay additional attention to detail. By putting some plans into place along with some extra focus around the little things, you should be able to make your current situation a bit easier to handle.

If we look directly at the card, we can see the the tree is wise and has been there a while with its roots deep in the ground and established. This could show that your situation is stable and solid. With the leaves of autumn showing, change is in the air and so are many leaves which may be getting in the way and could use some... sorting.

The mice are typically known as a symbol for paying attention to the little things.

Laron said...

Patrick,

Hera: The Empress

(photo of the card is here)
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-vyPimtDBJco/U69CvYyZsrI/AAAAAAAAMu0/16kagfe0m_8/s1600/Patrick.jpg

The cards primary meaning is a representation of the feminine aspect of us, but which can sometimes be related to us becoming more in touch with ourselves, such as through spirit and/or our subconscious. The Empress is also an indication of power in this regard, as in a lot of strength is there in relation to this aspect. This card is very earthly as well. The general meaning would be that we should accept both the light and dark sides of our self, and embrace them, and embrace our creativity. From doing so, this can help us with our spiritual path.

When looking at the card, we can see the cow representing the mothering nature, as in that sense of responsibility. The Peacock is a representation of The Empress but it can also mean that now is the time to acknowledge your dreams and aspirations within yourself. The general location is very earthy, with the rocks and flowers, so this can go towards the meaning of our need to have that connection with nature, but also within our selves, such as our subconscious.

Laron said...

Theresa,

Athena: Queen of Swords

(photo of the card is here)
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-qEr6PqYtDmg/U69CYCR_sII/AAAAAAAAMuo/xAACtEnhrbc/s1600/Theresa.jpg

This is showing a lot of strength and intelligence behind decisions that may need to be decided upon now and made. This card can sometimes relate to a situation with work/career, where certain things need to be decided. If we are showing confidence with our decisions, others will likely be more receptive and take more notice.

Within the card we see an owl, which can represent not only wisdom, but intuition. We do get the impression that the image is depicting a person of great strength and surety. While Athena is in a stable position with her posture, there is movement around her with not only the owl taking flight, but the wind blowing her hair, so this may represent changes and decisions that are required.

Laron said...

AV,

Caterpillar: Six of Wands

(photo of the card is here)
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-CtsI_-u2-hM/U69CXSDM8hI/AAAAAAAAMuk/NwCO2q3hSWQ/s1600/Shannon.jpg

I quite like the description here so I am just going to quote it in full. "You are about to cross a threshold of new and dynamic changes. Energy will envelope your being and enable you to achieve goals that you set for your self. Your successes have the potential of having a positive spiritual effect on your life. You will not only experience tangible success, but your entire being will be elevated to new heights of confidence and self-satisfaction."

If we look at the card, as we know the caterpillar is about transformation and growth. It has been said that an important message carried by the spirit of the butterfly is about the ability to go through important changes with grace and lightness.

Laron said...

Pam,

Whale: Ten of Cups

(photo of the card is here)
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-TcKZrc0uMcU/U69CWDJArDI/AAAAAAAAMuY/LDezvzMrLx8/s1600/Pam.jpg

This is showing a time of achievement in possible relation to your goals and dreams. It shows a lot of happiness along with you feeling more whole and complete. It can mean that you have perhaps made some recently renewed connections with family/friendships. The advice of the card is to shower those around you in your life with love.

While we have the symbolic meaning of the whale included above, the image gives me the sense of the universe and our connection to it. It seems like a very spiritual and special thing... whales dive and explore deep in the ocean and the image reminds me of our inner consciousness and deep connection to that. While here on the Earth we may seem far away from our true home, everything is still connected and right there in front of of us. The ocean/water can be about our emotions and feelings.

Laron said...

Sorry Dainius, you are outside of the first five. =)

Patrick Pham said...

Thank you very much, although I think I have enough imperious women in my life. :) thanks for the reading.

Theresa said...

Laron, thank you so much for this reading. It came up last week that Owl was my spirit animal and I had asked the universe for some confirmation. I think I just got it. :-) One of my jobs is as manager of a small airport and there are many work related changes occurring. Intuition and discernment is certainly called for at this time. This has been very helpful.

angelicview said...

Ooh! I really like that! I'm ready for it, too! Been feeling kind of stagnant lately :) Thanks Laron!

Betty Young said...

Laron, Thank you for this. Yes, I can see mouse energy in my life, how I stress with it, and what benefits I could receive. The mentioning of the tree was so significant for me, grounding, solidity and many, many roots, this well help me deal with details...and peace of mind.
Thank you again!

Laron said...

Pam was unable to comment, but provided some great feedback explaining in some detail how spot on this was with her current situation.