Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Rupert Sheldrake - The Extended Mind - Telepathy

YouTube Description(30 mins in total): "Rupert Sheldrake is a British former biochemist and plant physiologist who now researches and writes on parapsychology and other controversial subjects. His books and papers stem from his theory of morphic resonance, and cover topics such as animal and plant development and behaviour, memory, telepathy and perception.

In 2003, Sheldrake published The Sense of Being Stared At on the psychic staring effect, including an experiment where blindfolded subjects guessed whether persons were staring at them or at another target. He reported that, in tens of thousands of trials, the scores were consistently above chance (60%) when the subject was being stared at, but only 50% (random chance) when the subject was not being stared at. This suggested a weak sense of being stared at but no sense of not being stared at. He also claimed that these experiments were widely repeated, in schools in Connecticut and Toronto and a science museum in Amsterdam, with consistent results."








1 comment:

Shamini G said...

This is so true. During my teen years, I used to take the public bus to school. So every morning my faithful dog would tag along to the bus stop and wait for me to board the bus before she goes back home. I used to live on the 4th Floor apartment, so she'll have to climb 4 floors up back. And when I'm returning home after school, she'll know that I'm coming home, no matter what time, she'll be around either at the garden below waiting for me or at the bus stop. She knows when I'm coming home and waits!

I've had similar experience with my dad. I would know when dad would be home and I'd tell mum. There's no way I could hear him driving in since we used to live on the 4th floor. I would know it even before he turns into the street we live in. I'd stand at the balcony and watch the entrance of the street, and I'd see my dad turning in a few seconds later. And he didn't have a 9-5 office job. He ran his own business and comes home anytime he wishes. So it's a different time each time. My sisters think I'm a weirdo, my mum on the other hand feels I have special abilities :)