Sunday, March 16, 2014

Christoph Rehage walks nearly 3000 miles through China - His before & after photos included

Christoph Rehage started his journey on November the 9th, 2007 and stopped in October 2008. He travelled over 4500 kilometres (2796 miles) during that time. From Beijing to Ürümqi he walked.

After being asked about what he would think about and his state of mind during his journey, he replied with.“It was just the way it would be on any normal day. Sometimes you think. Sometimes you don’t. Sometimes you worry about passports, dangers, pains, relatives and loved ones, and at other times your steps are light and you sing songs in the desert. Sometimes it is boring. And sometimes you feel at peace.”


When he was asked why he stopped walking, Christoph said, “I wanted to gain back my life. I had to regain control over myself, eliminate the inner boss that was telling me what to do. A lot of people look at the video thinking “I want to be free like that guy!” – but they don’t realize that I was driven by something, and maybe I was losing control over it.”

Within this five minute video, the journey of Christoph Rehage is shown.

4 comments:

savenaturefree said...

Take only photos, leave only footprints, is the great lesson of our time for humanity
Visit me at http://savetheworldfree.ning.com

Peter Reszczynski said...

Amzing...

j.bradbury said...

One of the best videos I have seen in a long time. To me, it flowed like artwork.

HelenaPike said...

Got it! Yes, who are any of us?